Sunday, January 07, 2007

Just Another Saturday

It’s getting to be about that time. Time to get back into a routine. I have not been working, regularly anyway, since before Christmas and school doesn’t start back up again until the end of the month. I have enjoyed my break; it came not a moment too soon. However, it is now time to get busy again. There are a number of things I have been saying I would like to do if I only had the time. I now have the time – this is where the rubber meets the road.

Tomorrow is Monday. It’s the first “normal” Monday in three weeks. Christmas Day and New Years Day always turn whatever day they land on into “special” days – well beyond what a day off work normally represents. The last two Mondays were graced by this phenomenon. Tomorrow, Monday in all it’s associated lore returns. For me, there is nothing that has to be done. It could realistically be just another Saturday. For the next two weeks, it could be a series of Saturdays.

But that won’t work for me.

I need to get busy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with getting things done. It's hard for me to get motivated when I have a day off.

Thanks the for pep talk! I'm am quitting again tomorrow. I nned to get the patch and some sleeping pills. I didn't get hardly any sleep last week. I kept waking up wanting a cig!! Damn those things!

Lisa said...

You know, things felt completely "off" to me this morning, and it wasn't until I read your post that I realized why! Its the first real Monday I've had to work in quite awhile! Thanks for the help. :-)

X said...

Happy New Year hun! And I understand about being busy...I much prefer that to sitting at home twiddling the thumbs. Or going out and spending money you don't have.

Anna said...

I have found for me that nothing good ever comes from me NOT being busy...that has been the case since I was a teenager! That would have been useful information to know a lot earlier than now...but oh well..I probably wouldn't have listened!

Go out there and get busy! :) Happy 2007!

WooleyBugger said...

I also know what you men Mike. This year is the first year that I had paid time off in two years and I enjoyed it. Today, monday, did not seem that bad but man last tuesday did. There were lots of thing I had planned on doing during my time off after the Christmas gig was over. Thing is though, I just preferred staying home and spending some time with my son. Plus after buying all those presents there wasn't much left to do much else with to go anywhere.